There are so many unanswered questions.
1. Did we wear those stripy armwarmer things because we were cold from wearing vests all the time?
Or were they for fashion reasons?
2. Why did we wear ballet pumps on rainy days?
I mean they were basically the only girls’ shoe available in the ’00s except trainers and stripper heels, but still. We definitely should’ve got into brogues sooner.
3. What was the precise date in the ’00s when the very last girl wore a tie over a T-shirt for fashion reasons? And who was that girl?
There’s a first time for everything and there’s a last time for everything.
4. Did we pluck our eyebrows to look like sperms on purpose, or was it an accident?
They were so beautifully spermy.
5. Did we wear dresses over jeans to make our jeans seem more glam, or our dresses seem more casual?
The shoes were so glam, look at the shoes. But the bootcut jeans were super casual. We just wanted it all, I guess.
6. Did anyone ever complete Snake?
7. What happened to our sweatbands? Did we throw them out or just lose them?
They were so cool.
8. Why were our bodies so long?
Our bodies were really long in the ’00s.
9. Why were our scarves so thin?
Omg, imagine how cold your chest would be.
10. What happened to our tea dresses?
One minute our wardrobe was full of them, the next they were gone.
11. Did the glitter seem like a subtle highlight at the time, or was the idea always to have glitter everywhere?
Honestly can’t remember. Do remember that getting glitter in your eye hurt like fuck though.
12. Why did we wear our jeans so low?
It didn’t even seem low at the time, but it was so low. Why?
13. What happened to our cowboy boots??
We loved them so much.
14. And what happened to our baggy suede boots????
15. Does anyone still have their clear plastic strap bra?
Some things just vanish into thin air.
16. Why did none of us wear coats?
This picture was taken in JANUARY.
17. Why were we so tanned all the time?
18. Who was the first person to wear footless tights? Or did thousands of girls around the world spontaneously do it one day in the ’00s?
19. Who was the first person to wear butterfly clips, and who was the last?
Hopefully somewhere out there they’re still going strong because they are both beautiful and useful.
20. When (why) did we stop wearing waistcoats?
And can we start again now?
21. Did cloven hoof trainers have a purpose or were they just for fashion reasons?
Everyone wanted/had Nike Rifts. Especially the hot boys.
22. Why did we only have two style settings, either full-on party girl or tracksuit?
I mean they were both great, but they were just so extreme.
23. When our parents said, “You’re not going out dressed like that,” were they maybe…right?
You’ll catch your death in that outfit, young lady!