We are On the Beach and we’re proud to be one of the UK’s leading online retailers of beach holidays. From humble beginnings in 2004 as a start-up business in a terraced house in Macclesfield, England, to our 2015 listing on the London Stock Exchange; we now send over one million happy customers away on their perfect beach holiday each year.
A stunning Grace Kelly-inspired gown worn by Princess Diana to the Cannes Film Festival is set to go on display in an exhibition of the late royal’s most memorable outfits.
The 1987 blue silk chiffon piece, by Catherine Walker, is one of a number of outfits that the former Princess of Wales is said to have modelled on film stars.
According to creators of Diana: Her Fashion Story, which opens at Kensington Palace next week, the princess used to disguise herself in a scarf and sunglasses to visit her local cinema.
Other pieces on display include the green velvet evening dress she wore for a Vanity Fair photo shoot with Mario Testino (1997), the pink satin gown she wore to stand out against the men’s ceremonial uniforms in an official portrait (1987) and the youthful pale blue nylon dress she wore as a debutante for an Althorp House ball (1979).
The exhibition also features the red-skirted Murray Arbeid dress that she famously teamed with one black and one red glove for a visit to Spain (1987) and the shimmering, white sequinned gown she wore for her 1991 trip to Brazil where she made a point of removing her glove to shake hands with an Aids patient.
While her experimental style often received mixed media reviews, Diana was revered as a fashion innovator before her death in 1997.
The accolade soon prompted the Emanuel blouse she wore in the picture to sell out on the high street.
She also featured on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar and continued to work closely with international designers such as Gianni Versace following her separation from the Prince of Wales.
The exhibition’s opening on Friday will run alongside the launch of the palace’s White Garden for spring/summer 2017.
Curator Eleri Lynn said: “Diana, Princess of Wales, was one of the most photographed women in the world, and every fashion choice she made was closely scrutinised.
“Our exhibition explores the story of a young woman who had to quickly learn the rules of royal and diplomatic dressing, who in the process put the spotlight on the British fashion industry and designers.
“We see her growing in confidence throughout her life, increasingly taking control of how she was represented, and intelligently communicating through her clothes.”
Henry Holland may have celebrated his tenth anniversary last season but that didn’t stop him from pulling out all the stops once again.
Collating a whole mixture of references stretching from Western territory to race tracks, the fun-is-foremost designer majorly clashed prints.
Pink race flag patterns juxtaposed with cow hide. American flag Stars and Stripes also made an appearance (albeit not together). Henry didn’t forget his slogan love, brandishing the (slightly twisted) word ‘Daddy’ across tees and the show invite itself.
Shaggy coats were paired with short skirts and fishnet tights while camo mini dresses followed metallic ruffled ensembles. The label had also collaborated with Woody Woodpecker, splashing the cartoon character on easily sellable bomber jackets.
The entire collection seemed to be an ode to America and all its old-school Hollywood stereotypes. Film genres played out from a gunslinging cowboy epic to a fashion-forward remake of Fast and Furious. Even a Cher Horowitz-style kilt got its turn in the limelight.
Perhaps this is Holland’s way of lightening up what seems like a hopeless situation. Or maybe it’s nothing more than what he likes to watch on a Sunday afternoon.
Either way, House of Holland is on top once again.
Yesterday the incredible news broke that a short 10-minute Love Actually sequel, featuring many of the original cast, was being made to raise a lot of money for Red Nose Day.
Many of the original cast are returning in this short, including Rowan Atkinson (Rufus), Bill Nighy (Billy Mack), Andrew Lincoln (Mark), Colin Firth (Jamie), Keira Knightley (Juliet), Martine McCutcheon (Natalie) and Hugh Grant (David).
Well, they have ALREADY started to film the scenes ahead of the comedy skit’s release at the end of March. Emma Freud, the script editor for Love Actually, has shared this picture.
That’s right. It’s Liam Neeson (Daniel) and Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Sam). The. Turtlenecks. Are. Back.
The same goddamn turtleneck that Daniel wore during the actual Love Actually film.
They filmed this scene today. That’s right.
Here they are now.
Freud tweeted another important detail.
Who is the woman in the photo? IT’S JOANNA (Olivia Olson). Sam’s love interest in Love Actually. The one who Sam ran through the whole of Heathrow Airport for when there was really relaxed security for some reason at the end of the film.
Speaking on the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire show this morning, Freud said that they’re filming all of the sequel to Love Actually in just five days and that Liam Neeson looks younger now than when he did in the original film.
When asked whether Emma Thompson (Karen) was also going to star in the special, Richard Curtis said: “Oddly, we’re not quite sure. We’ll wait and see.”
Curtis and Freud told the BBC that there will never be another Love Actually feature film, as the only reason why they have done this is to raise money for Red Nose Day, a charity that Curtis and Freud both co-founded.
So you see, Love Actually IS all around.
5. Kristin Cavallari at the 2017 Grammy Awards
With 7474 votes.
4. Flume at the 2017 Grammy Awards
And with just two more votes than #5, here’s look #4 with 7724 votes.
3. James Corden and Julia Carey at the 2017 Grammy Awards
With 8373 votes.
2. Demi Lovato at the 2017 Grammy Awards
With 8374 FAB votes.
Jane Zhang at the 2017 Grammy Awards
And finally, the top FAB look of the week with 8379 votes!
Mary J. Blige at the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy gala and salute to industry icons
With 7408 votes.
JoJo at OK!’s Pre-Grammy event
With 7925 DRAB votes.
Gabby Douglas at the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy gala and salute to industry icons
With 7975 votes.
CeeLo Green at the 2017 Grammy Awards
With 8332 very shiny votes.
Halsey At The Clive Davis Pre-Grammy gala and salute to industry icons
And this week’s most DRAB look, as told by 8644 of your votes.
That’s it for this week! Vote on next week’s celebrity outfits here.
There are so many unanswered questions.
1. Did we wear those stripy armwarmer things because we were cold from wearing vests all the time?
Or were they for fashion reasons?
2. Why did we wear ballet pumps on rainy days?
I mean they were basically the only girls’ shoe available in the ’00s except trainers and stripper heels, but still. We definitely should’ve got into brogues sooner.
3. What was the precise date in the ’00s when the very last girl wore a tie over a T-shirt for fashion reasons? And who was that girl?
There’s a first time for everything and there’s a last time for everything.
4. Did we pluck our eyebrows to look like sperms on purpose, or was it an accident?
They were so beautifully spermy.
5. Did we wear dresses over jeans to make our jeans seem more glam, or our dresses seem more casual?
The shoes were so glam, look at the shoes. But the bootcut jeans were super casual. We just wanted it all, I guess.
6. Did anyone ever complete Snake?
7. What happened to our sweatbands? Did we throw them out or just lose them?
They were so cool.
8. Why were our bodies so long?
Our bodies were really long in the ’00s.
9. Why were our scarves so thin?
Omg, imagine how cold your chest would be.
10. What happened to our tea dresses?
One minute our wardrobe was full of them, the next they were gone.
11. Did the glitter seem like a subtle highlight at the time, or was the idea always to have glitter everywhere?
Honestly can’t remember. Do remember that getting glitter in your eye hurt like fuck though.
12. Why did we wear our jeans so low?
It didn’t even seem low at the time, but it was so low. Why?
13. What happened to our cowboy boots??
We loved them so much.
14. And what happened to our baggy suede boots????
15. Does anyone still have their clear plastic strap bra?
Some things just vanish into thin air.
16. Why did none of us wear coats?
This picture was taken in JANUARY.
17. Why were we so tanned all the time?
18. Who was the first person to wear footless tights? Or did thousands of girls around the world spontaneously do it one day in the ’00s?
19. Who was the first person to wear butterfly clips, and who was the last?
Hopefully somewhere out there they’re still going strong because they are both beautiful and useful.
20. When (why) did we stop wearing waistcoats?
And can we start again now?
21. Did cloven hoof trainers have a purpose or were they just for fashion reasons?
Everyone wanted/had Nike Rifts. Especially the hot boys.
22. Why did we only have two style settings, either full-on party girl or tracksuit?
I mean they were both great, but they were just so extreme.
23. When our parents said, “You’re not going out dressed like that,” were they maybe…right?
You’ll catch your death in that outfit, young lady!
Mobile Tyre Fitting
We know getting new tyres can be a hassle and that taking time out to visit your nearest Kwik Fit centre can disrupt your busy day.
That’s why we introduced our mobile tyre fitting service offering the ultimate in convenience.
Kwik Fit is the UK’s leading mobile fitting service, replacing your tyres has never been easier. Simply order your tyres online and select mobile fitting and we’ll come to you either at home or at work at a time convenient for you.
With over 200 mobile fitters nationwide and with appointments available 7-days a week, we’ll have you back on the road in no time.
The Little Green Bag is the address you need to know when shopping for trendy bags, jewellery and other accessories of many top brands. Here you will find an endless collection of bags from Cowboysbag but also the stylish bags from MYOMY. If you want to go for an effortless and classic look, then the bags by Fred de la Bretoniere should suit you. The collection of The Little Green Bag consists of a many top brands such as Michael Kors, Guess and By LouLou.
Besides the webshop for women, also men can find their perfect accesory. The collection consists of many stylish and comfortable backpacks, bags voor the office, wallets and many other accessories. Brands which you will find in our extensive collection for men are Castelijn & Beerens, Eastpak, and Herschel Supply Co. Leather or imitation leather, big or small; at The Little Green Bag you will find your perfect bag!
The Little Green Bag brings you the latest updates about fashion. This way our collection stays updated with all kinds of bags, wallets, jewellery and accessories. Want to be inspired? Take a look at our inspirations page and find your perfect combination of different accessories with your outfit.
At The Little Green Bag we want to help you by finding the perfect accesory for every occasion. Go to ‘shop by occasion’ and find something nice to wear to that special wedding, a nice bag for school or the perfect suitcase and sun hat for your summer holiday.
Like that isn’t enough already, all your bags and accessories will be signed, sealed, delivered to you with love. This way you can enjoy your item as soon as possible! For every euro you spend in our webshop, you will receive one baggie. The more baggies you have, the closer you get to your discount! Also keep a close eye on our social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram to stay updated about the latest bag news.
1. Instead of shaving your arms weekly, add more hair to them and become a human blanket for your boyfriend in the winter.
2. Or remove every strand of hair from your body and scream through the night like an infant. Really embrace having baby-smooth skin.
3. No one wants to see their tiny reflection in your overbearing lipgloss, so apply shiny balm to your whole face for a more proportionate reflection.
4. See a man you like? Befriend his mother and get her to tell you what he’s wearing so you can pick a matching outfit each morning. Imitation is key.
5. Oversized jumpers don’t accentuate the curves and crevices of your body. If you’re really cold just set yourself on fire.
6. Cat eyeliner is for cats so whip on that eyeliner, crawl around on all fours, chase some laser beams, and become a cat.
7. Bangles that make noise when they hit each other are irritating. Commit to a life of silence by investing in soundproof clothing, surgically removing your voice box, and tip toeing to and from work.
8. Heavy perfume can be overpowering so buy him nostril plugs for Valentine’s.
9. Alternatively, roll around in a bed of flowers for 45 minutes each evening to get that soft feminine odour naturally radiating off your skin.
10. Stop wearing pantsuits. The Hillary Rodham Clinton look is not attractive to men. Men hate when women’s full names have five syllables.
11. Delete your emails immediately. Men hate those.
12. Fake fingernails are so 2005. Grow them out yourself until the sharp edges are so long they can curve all the way around his throat.
13. Don’t wear uncomfortable shoes and then complain that your feet hurt. Wear uncomfortable shoes and then cry into your pillow at night as the blood seeps from your feet into the bed sheets.
14. Avoid outdated heavy eye makeup that slightly resembles a raccoon by painting your whole face to entirely resemble a raccoon.
15. Or get the “no makeup” look men go crazy for with just 8 products and 40 minutes to spare each morning.
16. Men don’t like short hair. Grow out your luscious locks and drape them out the window while you stare longingly at the sunset.
17. Don’t over pluck your eyebrows. Don’t under pluck your eyebrows.
18. Don’t over accessorize. Don’t under accessorize.
19. Get a PhD in Mathematics and finally solve the equation for ideal accessorizing and plucking. Subsequently win the Fields Medal and bring honour to your family.
20. Don’t wear short shorts that show a glimpse of your ass. Wear trousers with holes for your ass cheeks so he knows exactly what he’s getting.
21. But don’t expose too much of your skin. It’s important to leave some to the imagination. Help prompt his imagination with sexy texts like “Just ate the piece of popcorn I lost last night, I found it in the bra I’ve been wearing for the past 3 weeks! ;)”
22. Fur is out. Insect skin is in.
23. Don’t lean forward while trying to push out your ass. Get your spine bent by a cosmetic surgeon so you can achieve optimum ass curvature while maintaining those perky boobs.
24. Instead of wearing fake eyelashes that bear resemblance to spiders growing out of your eyes, adopt and train two pet tarantulas to crawl around your face at all times.
25. Coloured lipstick makes it look like you just gave head to a smurf, which isn’t fair to human men. Give head to them instead.
26. Instead of dyeing your hair a weird unnatural colour, dye it the same colour as his.
27. Shave his hair off while he sleeps and glue it to your own head.
28. Fake glasses aren’t a fashion accessory. Read 50 books in the darkness until you need a prescription like a real woman.
29. Avoid misleading him by contouring just half of your face so he can appreciate how hot you look while understanding that you are a regular human being underneath.
30. Snapchat filters are also misleading so sport a flower crown over your dog ears when you meet him.
31. Delete Instagram and wear a #nofilter shirt at all times so he knows he isn’t being deceived.
32. Men hate high waisted jeans because they’re completely impractical. Overcome his worry by getting a waist-lift so your legs start right under your boobs.
33. Avoid wearing crop tops because exposing your belly button is disgusting. Who knows what might be in them?
34. Don’t get collagen injections to make your lips look fuller. Berate your parents for their faulty genetic makeup and begin to plot your revenge.
35. Thigh gap fixations are getting old. Glue your thighs together. Then add fins and a dash of glitter. Now you’re a mermaid and men love that.
36 Leggings are unflattering and unacceptable unless you’re going for a run, perhaps to escape the growing pile of dishes you’ve been neglecting.
37. Start running now. Never look back.